Sunday, January 14, 2007

The ironies of life

At work, I have to ask people for their first and last name so I can document all calls. Here's a pointer: If your name is Mary Smith, I don't need you to spell it. "Mary Smith, S-M-I-T-H." No way! I thought you spelled it Smythe. Of course, the exact opposite happens when a person with a name like Giaioulouplous calls in. "This is Myrnatell Giaioulouplous." Long pause..."Can you spell that please"? Giant huff on the other end. Sorry dude! I can't spell that shit!

2 comments:

Amber said...

well look whos entered the world of blogging.. im putting a link on my site and you better do the same for me sister.

amy said...

um... this is wierd. i am commenting on your blog. i use the term wierd b/c i think this is julie that i used to slightly know through amber, but you could be some other friend of amber's (with the same name) that i have never met. oh well... i'm commenting anyway. this made me laugh out loud b/c i work in a phone unit & we often get people on the phone with last names 15+ letters that i couldn't spell or pronounce again even after i see them written down. anyway... i'm amy that was in youth group with amber at mountain park. hopefully you are the julie from UGA that she sometimes called Dirty Jew. if not... sorry for commenting on your blog.