Thursday, April 12, 2007

4/12/07

You know how you're watching Dr. Phil or some cheesy talk show and there are families on there airing their dirty laundry for some television personality to fix all in under an hour? I mean you sit there and think Thank God that isn't me.
Now, I have no desire to air our dirty laundry, but I will say my extended family is going through quite a storm. I swear I never felt like an adult until I turned 30 and suddenly the world decided to part the clouds and dump a big pile of poo on me. Or maybe it's just that I wasn't mature enough to realize these issues/problems existed. Sometimes you can be so self-involved and not realize. Anyways, suffice it to say, now maybe I can extend the slightly bit of empathy towards those fools who talk about their problems on tv with some "professional." At least then you know there are others out there who have problems too.

I wish I had more exciting things to talk about, but I honestly do not. I've settled into a very comfortable work, home, do stuff, sleep routine. I'm planning on going on a little trip by myself next weekend, but we'll see if I actually do it. I really think just a few days out of the normal pattern would do a bit of good for this girl. Other than that, not much exciting on the horizon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it were any other weekend, I'd so meet up with you in Savannah! Stupid in-laws. When you come to K-ville in May, let me know! Maybe we could meet for lunch or something.

Amber said...

just say the word and ill be writing oprah about having you on her show and of course ill have to make the trip with you.