Wednesday, April 25, 2007

AHHHHH

I just returned from having 3 days off work. It was so relaxing! I was meant to go to Savannah but that fell through and honestly I could not be happier that it did. I got so much accomplished. After being at work 50-60 hours a week, I'm not the least bit motivated to get shit done and I had a lot to do.
What did I do with my time you ask?
1. Got my hair highlighted and trimmed. WAY OVERDUE. It was dull as dishwater. I left the salon feeling like a new woman. The gay men said my hair looked like Barbie-Doll hair...which I took as a compliment I suppose. Hell, it looked fake to me and it was attached to my head!
2. Got my eyebrows waxed. Also WAY OVERDUE. Plucking doesn't do it for me. I have all these blond hairs around my eyebrows that are hard to pluck b/c they're hard to see plus I just can't get the shape the way I want.
3. Got a pedicure. My poor feet have been neglected too long. I felt sorry for them so I treated them to a soak and some polish.
4. Returned stuff to Wal-Mart. I know what you're thinking-but listen...there are no Wal-Marts anywhere close to me at work or at home so I trip to Wal-Mart is that...a trip.
5. Rented 2 movies that I'd been wanting to see.
The Holiday -not impressed. The acting was crap and totally predictable plot.
Happy Feet-it was ok. I must be missing some chip in my brain b/c I did not think it was "Oh my gosh amazing!!" like I heard everyone say. I mean it was cute, but I think I've outgrown cartoons.
6. Went to Callaway Gardens. My parents and I went for the day and had a great time! We rented bikes and rode them around on some of the trails. The weather was amazing-perfection (better than gum). It was nice to spend some drama-free time with my parents.
7. Finally tried the world famous fried chicken at Watershed. It was good, but on the bone and I'm more of a boneless chicken fan. The food there is great though and I would recommend that place to anyone who likes food.
8. Bought new shoes. I've not had a new pair of trainers/athletic shoes in two years!

In the midst of all that I lounged around at my parents, relaxed, did laundry and just enjoyed myself. Sometimes I just go and go and go without stopping to realize that I've neglected things that I need and want to do.

2 comments:

Amber said...

sounds nice.. i sure wish you were continuing your relaxing time at the theatre with us tonight. Johnny is not going to be happy with you.

Unknown said...

don't feel bad julie- i missed THE movie as well- hey...how come i'm not your friend? I mean- I knew you first...... heather