Thursday, October 18, 2007

Blah Blah Blog

I ask this in all seriousness. Is there a nice way to tell someone you do not want to talk to them anymore? Not to sound harsh but, you know a let's-face-it-we've-grown-apart-or-more-to-the-point-I've-grown-away-from-you? Not possible? Yeah, I didn't think so.

So Amber, Lesley and Jenny seem to think it's appropriate for women our age to watch 'The Hills.' I scoffed at the notion when we discussed this at Outback the other night. I was flipping channels one night after that and came across it, tried to watch, and kept cringing. It's not real! It's so awkward. The dark haired horse teeth girl that the main one lives with...good grief she's painful to watch. Sorry ladies, had to keep surfing past that.

Discussed...sounds so grown up, which we all are not. We were so loud at dinner the other night that the people around us sighed out loud in relief when we left, which of course we took as a compliment. That's one of the great things about us, and I love it. I love that Amber and I will pun anything to death and think it's hysterical. I love that things we did 10-15 years ago are still brought up in order to ridicule each other, but in a loving way of course.

Is it a sign of getting older when you purchase a "Finishing Touch" facial trimmer? Being blessed with blond hair I have never had to worry about bleaching the area above my lips or god forbid, waxing it but I did get paranoid about the length of some of the peach fuzz above my lip and so it had to go. Now I'm obsessed with the thing. I decided it would be a good idea to do some maintenance on the eyebrows with this thing, b/c you know, tweezing isn't the most enjoyable activity. Cut to me quickly zipping off a 1/3 of my left eyebrow. Cue me realizing I now have to do the same to the right one in order to not look like a total circus freak. I was mortified. I went into work the next and quickly ran over to my friend Sabrina and let her access the situation...and all she did was laugh. Luckily it grew back. Lesson learned.

No comments: